For some people, buying and giving gifts is the best part of the holiday season, for others it is a chore. We are here to help with gifts for both the fitness fanatic and the couch potato.
For the Fitness Fanatic
Anyone who exercises regularly understands the benefits of working out. Giving the gift of fitness means you are supporting a healthy lifestyle. When you give that gift to the fitness minded person in your life, you are helping them pursue something they are passionate about which is certain to put a smile on their face. Fitness gifts for fitness lovers include:
Gadgets & Gizmos
- Headphones – Music motivates! Put a little lift in their workout with new headphones. Here are a few at a variety of price points:
- Fitness Trackers are a great gift idea! We did a blog about them this summer so if you are looking to purchase one as a gift, you can get more detailed information here.
- Gym Bags – With so many styles and options to choose from you’ll be able to find one that is right for your loved one’s fitness needs. The following brands can give you a good start:
- Sneakers – Earn bonus points with sneakers that are engineered for their fitness goals. The following brands all offer shoes for specific fitness goals:
- New Balance
For the couch potato
We’ve talked about gifts for your favorite fitness fanatic, but what about the person in your life who is reluctant to work out? The gift of fitness can be for everyone! People at any age can benefit from regular exercise and OCSC has programs for people at all ages and stages of physical fitness. Check out our gift ideas below for your favorite couch potato…while they may not be thrilled at first, in the long run, they will thank you!
- Personal Training Sessions – If someone you love has not gotten on the fitness bandwagon, working out with a trainer is a great way to get started. Or if you have a friend who used to spend time at the gym but it has been a while, working out with a train could be just the thing to help them get re-acquainted with working out in a fitness center like OCSC. For more information on our personal training packages click here.
- An OCSC Membership – Membership is the gift that keeps on giving. You don’t have to purchase a full year of fitness either; give us a call for options that will get your loved one on track toward good health. We have a TON of options for getting in shape. Cardio machines, circuit training, free weights and over 40 group fitness classes each month! From Cycle to Yoga to Zumba to Forever Fit (our class for seniors) there is something for everyone.
- Give the gift of self confidence!! – Studies show that kids who regularly participate in sports have higher self esteem and do better in school! Every parent wants to see their kid excel, have fun and build skills that will help them later in life. Sports do all those and more. For more information on our youth programming click here. At OCSC we’ve got great youth programming that includes:
- Martial Arts
- Soccer (in season)
At OCSC, we believe that fitness can be fun. Giving the people you love the tools they need to lead a healthier lifestyle will mean more in the long run than any gift they unwrap during the holiday season. If you are unsure of what programming is the best fit for your loved one, give us a call.