Orange County Sports Club’s gymnastic team enjoyed a very successful weekend at the Level 6 NY State Championships last weekend! The 10 members of the Level 6 team traveled Syracuse and came home with 26 Medals, and a 3rd place overall victory for the team!!
The girls competed against 40 other teams from across the state to secure their 3rd place finish. The team is made up of 10 girls ranging in ages from 9 – 14 from the Hudson Valley and Northern New Jersey. The girls work hard, training together for 16 hours a week to prepare for competition season which takes them as far away as Rhode Island to compete. Their coaches, Joey Forti and Kristin Welsh are very proud of their accomplishments.
Coach Welsh shared: “What makes this team successful is their strong bond and love for each other. They work hard every day because they know that their personal bests will equal team best!”
Below are the outstanding individual results achieved by each member of this talented team:
- Moya Lynch won Gold in All Around, Vault & Floor Exercise. Silver on Balance Beam.
- Madison Vega won Bronze on Uneven Bars.
- Olivia Zottola won Bronze on Vault & Floor Exercise.
- Ciara Herrmann won Silver on Floor Exercise.
- Hailey Jenkins won Gold in All Around & Floor Exercise. Silver on Vault.
- Avalyn Frankl won Gold in All Around. Silver on Balance Beam.
- Savannah Garzone won Gold in Vault. Silver in the All Around. Bronze on Balance Beam.
- Emily Walsh won Gold in All Around, Balance Beam & Floor Exercise. Silver on Uneven Bars. Bronze on Vault.
- Breann Walsh achieved a personal best & finished in the top 4.
- Madyson Thorpe achieved a personal best & finished in the top 4.
OCSC has been an important part of the gymnastics landscape in Hudson Valley New York for many years. Their gymnastics program has consistently produced nationally ranked gymnasts. Director of Gymnastics, Juan Gorecki, has high hopes for the OCSC team program’s future. “OCSC’s objectives continues to be about the physical and mental wellbeing of our athletes whether it is inside or outside the gym. We believe that a strong bond between our gymnasts will only bring more a more positive experience to our team.” said Gorecki.
OCSC offers youth programming featuring gymnastics, trampoline, fencing, and warrior zone. For more information or call 845-651-1000.