Are you as excited as we are about the start of our Fall 2020 Youth Programming Session? We’ve put a lot of work into making sure OCSC has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, plus we’ve given the facility a facelift with an awesome paint job. With all the uncertainty 2020 has brought, we expect to have a few bumps on the road to September 8th but – Together we can do this!
To help us stay focused on the safety of all, we’ve prepared a pledge for our Youth Programming parents. We are going to share it with you below:
OCSC Youth Programming COVID-19 Pledge
I want to do my part to help Orange County Sports Club keep all students, coaches, and families safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. I have read, understood, and agree to follow the following policies and procedures. I understand and agree that:
- I will keep my child(ren) home if they or anyone in my family is coughing, has a temperature over 100, or other COVID-19 symptoms.
- I should have my child(ren) use the restroom and wash their hands at home, before arriving.
- I will drop my child(ren) off and pick them up at the designated door to the gym.
- My contact information must be up to date, and that I remain reachable while my child is attending practice.
- Only one parent or non-participating individual will be allowed to enter the building at the main entrance.
- OCSC requires hand sanitizing for everyone who enters the building. My child(ren) will have frequent opportunities to sanitize their hands while inside the facility.
- Temperature will be checked and any participant who appears ill will be sent home
- I will observe social distancing in the designated viewing area. Spectating is not encouraged, but OCSC understands that it may be necessary for some.
- Masks are required for all spectators and non-participating individuals. My child(ren) will wear a mask upon entry and may remove when activities begin but must keep masks with them at all times to wear mask when traveling through the building.
- My child(ren) cannot leave any personal belongings in the lobby, including shoes, non-gymnastics clothes, and jackets. I will limit the number of items brought in to the gym.
- Practice start and end times have been adjusted and staggered to ensure a safe entrance and exit from the gym and to allow for cleaning between each class period.
- I understand that all OCSC staff members will make a strong effort to socially distance, but that due to the nature of the sport, there will be times that contact or less than prescribed physical distancing will occur.
- Spotting is sometimes necessary for safety and to prevent injury. Children will only be spotted as needed.
- I will have my child(ren) wash hands and feet thoroughly upon arriving back home. Clean their bag upon arriving home, and again before bringing it back to the gym.
- I am allowing my child to participate at OCSC Youth Programming, knowing that it is impossible to keep them, myself, or any other individual inside the gym completely safe from COVID-19 exposure.
- These procedures will evolve and change over time, and that I will follow any new standards required by the state and local government, and by OCSC.
Gym Bag Policy
All students are required to bring their own bag to practice.
We recommend a string bag, back pack, or gym bag. Bags should be large enough to zip / cinch easily with everything inside. Students will enter OCSC and store their shoes and clothes in their bag. We recommend wearing only flip flops and a t-shirt over your leo if weather allows. Students will carry their bag from event to event and store them separately from each other. Sharing supplies and equipment is not allowed.
All items should be clearly labeled with your child’s name. Gym bags should include:
- Outside identification – something for your child to easily identify it by
- Travel size hand sanitizer; OCSC has multiple sanitizing options, pack an individual size for convenience and less contact
- Band Aids and tape.
- Filled water bottle; water only, water will be available for purchase.
- Pouch with extra hair ties, clips, brush, etc.
- Grips/ grip brush/ spray bottle and chalk bag for own chalk use
The safety of our staff, coaches, participants, and parents is very important to us! We know you will do your part to help create a safe environment and a successful Fall session. We hope you like our pledge and are fully on board. After all, we are in this together. We can’t wait to see you!