The gymnastics program at OCSC has gained recognition for producing nationally ranked gymnasts. With over 10 years of history of providing high level gymnastics training by professional coaches, we are proud of the accomplishments of our team and the awards and championships they have received.
Our progressive gymnastic programming begins at 15 months and grows as your child grows. We have beginning level classes and a competitive level 10 team which includes nationally ranked gymnasts as well as everything in between! Additionally we are proud to offer alternatives for parents looking to give their children extra help with self-confidence while strengthen their balance and coordination.
Our classes include:
- Gym Baby & Gym Tot – This 45 minute mommy & me class introduces children to the gym environment. We teach them basic skills with the idea of helping them begin to take direction and equipment designed for their small stature. Ages 18 – 24 months.
- Tiny Tumblers – This 45 minute class is the first class independent of their parents. Students will learn basic skills with use of various stations in the gym including vaulting, balance beam, bars, tumbling and trampoline. Combining verbal cues and demonstration helps the tiny tumblers gain mental focus while increasing their strength, balance and agility. Designed for 3 year olds.
- Lil’ Gymmies – This 60 minute class for boys and girls is a fun introduction for students who have never taken gymnastics before. Students will learn simple strength skills, vaulting, balance beam, bars, tumbling, ring and trampoline. Watch their social skills expand, their athletic ability increase and their confidence grow. Ages 4 – 5.
- Girls Ages 6-7, Ages 8-10 & 11+ – This 60 minute beginner class will start with basic skills such as forward and backward rolls, cartwheels and roundoffs. All four apparatus are used at this level, with the goal to perform simple routines at our annual spring Olympiad. Instruction advances as the students progress. Classes divided by age group for ages 6+.
- Total Trampoline – Is a fun filled 60 minute class for boys and girls utilizing the trampoline and tumble track. The class is designed to strengthens their bodies and help their jumping skills.
- Special Needs Adaptive Play (SNAP) – This 45 minute gymnastics and movement play class. Parental (and/or guardians) supervision is required for the additional safety of their child.
Click here to register.